Social Security Disability & SSI are ALL WE DO!
Don’t go it alone.
ONE call will get you results.
We have over 100 years of combined experience dedicated to Social Security Disability Law.
- Provide a free and confidential consultation that comes with no obligation.
- Help you understand all of your benefits options.
- Assist you in preparing your initial application for benefits and any Social Security form.
- Represent you at ALL appeal levels including the hearing, Appeals Council & Federal District Court, provided we take your case.
- An attorney will return your phone call the same day.
Do You Have a Case?
Your personal information is safe and secure with us. We don’t rent, sell or share your personal information with anyone.
Thank you for your interest in our law firm. We only handle social security disability and SSI claims. This is all we do!
The Law Center for Social Security Rights consists of attorneys who exclusively represent clients in their claim for social security disability and SSI benefits. We provide a free consultation to discuss your claim and even if your case is not accepted, we can provide you with helpful guidance. Our firm works on a contingency fee basis, meaning that we do not get paid unless we win your claim. There are NO up-front costs.
We can provide assistance in every step of your claim. An approval for social security disability and SSI can be a lengthy and complicated process. We encourage our clients not to give up! The biggest mistake one can make is to assume that if denied the federal government is right. In fact, often times, the Social Security Administration is wrong. An experienced attorney who specializes in social security disability and SSI claims can assist you in obtaining benefits that are rightfully yours.
Experience counts when hiring an attorney who specializes in social security disability and SSI claims.
Clifford B. Walkon
As managing partner, I have been responsible for the transition of the…..
Read More >
Kerry J. Spencer
I have been with The Law Center for Social Security Rights since 1986……
Read More >
Deanna Lee Kaniowski
I have been with The Law Center for Social Security Rights since 1991….
How to Choose the Right Representative
The answers to some basic questions will give you the path to finding a competent, experienced, and service oriented representative.
- THE ATTORNEY SHOULD BE EXPERIENCED AND KNOWLEDGEABLE IN ALL ASPECTS OF SOCIAL SECURITY AND SSI LAW.
The representative should be an attorney licensed to practice law. At the Law Center for Social Security Rights all of our attorneys practice exclusively Social Security and SSI law. The combined experience of our attorneys total nearly 100 years and involve more than 10,000 cases.
- THE ATTORNEY AND NOT A STAFF MEMBER OR CLERK SHOULD BE THE MAIN PERSON YOU SPEAK TO AT THE VERY START OF YOUR CLAIM.
One of the most difficult decisions is whether to accept or decline a case. That is why an initial call from a potential client is handled by a Law Center attorney, not a paralegal, not a secretary, and not a clerk. We will give you a candid assessment of your claim, your alternatives, if any, how to proceed if you decide not to retain us, and answer all of your questions. There is never a charge for this service.
- WHAT ARE THE FEES?
First, there is never a charge for consultation. Call as much as you wish and ask all of the questions that come to mind. You will not be charged. This is part of our effort to make sure the information you get is accurate and complete. Unfortunately, information provided by SSA personnel can lack both accuracy and completeness. It is always wise to verify any information given out by SSA. If we accept your case, we are only paid if the claim is successful and benefits are allowed. SSA will withhold 25% of the past due benefits. If the case is successful and if there is an agreement between the attorney and the client allowing for this contingency fee arrangement, SSA will then pay that 25% but not more than $6,000.00, whichever is less, to the attorney. If the case is lost, there is no attorney fee whatsoever.
- WHAT KIND OF SERVICE SHOULD I EXPECT ONCE I CHOOSE AN ATTORNEY TO REPRESENT ME BEFORE SSA?
Our pledge includes:
- Return all phone calls within 24 hours.
- Assist with payment issues AFTER the case is won. Many attorneys leave the client on his or her own after the fee is paid but we will always be there for you.
- Inform our clients with updates as their case progresses.
- Provide guidance on attempting to work without jeopardizing benefits.
- Assist with continuing disability review issues.
Bottom line is, you need an experienced attorney from The Law Center for Social Security Rights.
Helpful information brochures.
Click to view online, print or forward to someone who can benefit from this important information.
⇩ See videos below ⇩
We are a Michigan law firm.